Pros and Cons of Living Near the Airport
Posted On July 6, 2018 by farmzone.net
One of the places that crosses our mind when we talk about the premium flats in Kolkata, is definitely the area around the airport. Lately, there’s been quite a growth in the real estate sector. A number of high-end luxury flats and apartments have come up in this region. Moreover, with the rapidly growing pace of civic conveniences, real estate developers are taking interest in this area. No doubt, the area near airport has become the home to a number of finest and most luxurious apartments of the city.
But, the question is whether it’s a wise investment? To find the answer, we have to dig both the pros and cons of living in this area.
Basically there are plenty of preconceived notions about living in the areas close to the airport, which is why the area remained ignored by most of the real estate owners. However, there scenario is changing pretty fast. Increase in knowledge and awareness among the end users has created a favourable environment for the city’s real estate developers who have started focusing on the areas close to the airport. But, let us not jump to any conclusion. A better way is to weigh the pros and cons and take the final decision.
Pros of Buying Flats Near Airport in Kolkata
- Advantage for Frequent Fliers – This point hardly requires an elaboration. Staying near the airport cuts down the total journey time to and from the airport as well as on the cost associated with the journey. Any frequent flier will love to own a flat near the airport considering the ease of journey. And if you happen to be one, then there is no better deal available for you.
- Better lifestyle – As mentioned earlier the high-end premium flats near airport are designed for the up-scale people having finer taste and prefer a good lifestyle. Over the past few years, there’s been a surge of home buyers in this area. With the number of residents increasing rapidly, a number of premium shopping malls, various stores and entertainment centres start coming up close to these flats. As a result, you can have easy access to the civic conveniences which are otherwise unavailable if you live in the suburban area.
- Higher resale value – Who would not think of good deal of profit especially when it is a real estate investment? From this perspective, a flat near the airport certainly offers a great resale value than the flats in other areas of Kolkata. Depending upon the location, the various parts close to the airport are growing in demand and thus the real estate property values are soaring high in the airport region. So, it can be easily perceived that if you ever need to sell out your flat, rest assured, you should find a great deal.
Cons of staying near the airport in Kolkata
- A Slightly High Price – With NRIs and HNIs investing generously in the premium flats of the region, it does not come as a surprise that the prices of these flats are skyrocketing. You will probably be paying quite a steep price for buying a flat in the region. However, there’s always a chance to earn it all back while reselling it.
- Health hazard – You will need to endure the noise of airplane if you are staying too near the airport. The noise can sometimes cause hearing issues. Choosing a property in close vicinity but not very close to the airport sorts out this problem.
What to do as customer?
As a potential buyer you should make sure that you are choosing the right location or paying the right price. Try to get some authentic information from internet as well as from your acquaintances before making any investment.